- Carpenters are trained professionals and use their skills and training to install any building product in the construction of houses, schools, churches, hotels, hospitals and large commercial buildings including power plants. Carpenters make up the largest single group of skilled workers in the country.
- Professional floor coverers from the United Brotherhood of Carpenters are responsible for installing all types of flooring materials from carpet, sheet vinyls, tile, wood and laminates, and even sports surfaces, This is a specialized occupation with many opportunities.
- Professional pile drivers expertly and efficiently maneuver huge construction machinery to drive metal, concrete or wood piling into the earth during the early stages of construction. If you like working outside with large equipment, heavy materials and sometimes under extreme weather conditions, then you'll like the hearty occupation of the pile driver.
- Heavy Highway construction workers build and assemble forms and their components for concrete. Some types of projects include: bridges, retaining walls, tunnels, subways, drainage structures, hydroelectric development, lock, dams and sewage treatment projects.
- If you like to work with machines and tools and precision instruments and have a keen eye for the perfect fit, you might consider being a millwright. Millwrights are an elite group of construction workers who work primarily with metal, machinery and equipment requiring precision.
- Cabinetry and millwork professionals are craftspeople who like to work with their hands and take pride in working with the finest materials and tools money can buy. These men and women produce wood products such as moldings, panels and furniture.