CARP Pre-Apprenticeship Program
The KML Carpenters Apprenticeship and Training Fund, the Eastern Atlantic States Regional Council of Carpenters, and the Master Builders Association, have partnered to offer the Carpenters’ Apprentice Ready Program (CARP). CARP’s goal is to identify and train motivated Southwestern Pennsylvania residents that have existing barriers to employment in the building trades.
Classes prepare candidates to complete the intake process for the Pittsburgh Carpenter’s Apprenticeship Program and to be successful as a Union Carpenter in the field from day one. CARP is a Pre-Apprenticeship program registered with the PA Department of Labor. Training Includes:
- Interview Skills, Resume Building, Job Search Skills
- Being Successful in Construction through Attitude, Character, and Ethics
- Working with the Tools and Material – Shop Skills & Safety
- Construction Math – Measurement and Beyond
Applicants should possess above average manual dexterity, coordination, and balance. Carpenters work both indoors and outdoors in extreme weather. The work is hard and physical by nature.
Requirements at time of Application Include:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Participants must be 18 years old.
- A Valid Government ID is required at time of application.
- Be able to pass a drug screening
- Commitment to attending all training dates outlined below
2022 Training Dates:
November 1, 2021- December 31, 2021 – Application Period
8 Full Saturdays of Training
January 22, 29, 2022 – Classroom & Shop Instruction
February 5, 12, 19, 26, 2022– Classroom & Shop Instruction
March 5, 12, 2022– Classroom & Shop Instruction
Pittsburgh Training Center
652 Ridge Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15205
*Literacy Pittsburgh offers free educational programs to help with reading, writing, math, English language, digitial literacy, and workplace skills for adults and families in Allegheny County and Beaver County.* CLICK HERE to learn more!
To apply to the CARP program please click the link below. Applications will be accepted until December 31, 2021.